AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a pair of Venture CR-8 Signature speakers ($28,500), and these are by far the best speakers I have had the pleasure of hearing and listening to. They are not too well known, as they do not advertise. But, the glorious that they make are to die for. I have owned this year alone JM LAbs/Focal Alto Be's and B&W 802 Diamond's, and thses "musical instruments" are far superior in every way. What immediately comes to mind is oustanding resolution, dynamics, warm- yet very detailed highs, bass slam to where a sub is not needed, ever. In short, it is one of the few instruments that brings emotion back to recordings. If you can, do yourself a favor and just sample a bit of heaven.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I heard the big one's at the 2010 RMAF and they did not sound good at all. They were in a good size room with FM Acoustic amps but it did not move me. The speakers where so deep it was like it was affecting the sound stage. There were a lot of drivers in the big one. When you have that many drivers hard to get them to gel together. The one's you have may be better.

·
Registered
800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2Me /forum/post/19547895

I just picked up a pair of Venture CR-8 Signature speakers ($28,500), and these are by far the best speakers I have had the pleasure of hearing and listening to. They are not too well known, as they do not advertise. But, the glorious that they make are to die for. I have owned this year alone JM LAbs/Focal Alto Be's and B&W 802 Diamond's, and thses "musical instruments" are far superior in every way. What immediately comes to mind is oustanding resolution, dynamics, warm- yet very detailed highs, bass slam to where a sub is not needed, ever. In short, it is one of the few instruments that brings emotion back to recordings. If you can, do yourself a favor and just sample a bit of heaven.

It;s tough to get good bass from just the two speakers and no subs unless you are lucky enough to find the best placement for those two speakers due to room modes.

Ken

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
For $28500.00 it should cook for you as well..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts