AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Verbatim have just announced they're the first company to release recordable HD DVD media.

According to the release their new HD DVD-R discs can store up to 15GB of data, presumably meaning they're of the single layer variety and the possibility of dual layer 30GB discs is still to come.They're available now for $24.95 a pop or $112.95 for a five-pack which, given their increased capacity over standard single and dual layer DVD-R's and the fact this is a brand new medium, seems a pretty sharp price to us. They'll only get cheaper too."

http://blogs.pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/p...o_hd_dvdr.html

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The link is to a magazine located in New Zealand; I'm assuming the "first company" reference is to availability of HD DVD-R discs in New Zealand. I've seen HD DVD-R discs on the shelf many months ago at CompUSA and Staples...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
$10 USD at the negg. But 15GB? Blah. I'll burn two DVD-DL's.

(They also have $9 for the ritek, but the last time I bought their media, I had three full boxes of discs with free metal chips embedded in the substrate.)

Maybe with 51GB media I can stop buying hard drives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.