AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me give hats off to all the forum members. With out this forum I would not even think about building a HT on my own.

I'm new to HT and have been reading the post and taking notes. I'm still in the planning phase of my HT. I have BG800 and I've already made a DIY screen. That project went perfect with the help and guidance from the forum. My screen is 51" H x 89" W for 16:9 viewing, 102.1 diagonal. I ran the Lens program, received a throw distance of 124", for a ceiling mount, front projection. I also received a warning about "Watch out, you have a negative ceiling distance (A)". My HT room dimension are 10' W x 22'4" x 8' H. Can someone please tell me what the warning is all about and if the throw distance sound right.

Thanks

Andre

Semper Fi :(

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think you will have to drop the PJ a bit...

Or tilt it!

I was concerned about this with my Barco 808s as well...I think I will tilt it to accomplish this instead since I don't have the headroom to drop it.

My brother in-law is a the math nut and he figured that if I were to raise the PJ 4" into the ceiling (specs say it should be 1/2" below the ceiling), with a throw distance and screen size similar to yours, and I tilted the PJ, the screen would only have to be tilted (toward the PJ at the bottom) less than 2" to stay within the Barco recommended specs.

I want to lower the screen as well (I don't want the image at the top of the wall) so I will have to re-do the math on this one.

My 2 cents.

Scott

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I assume you have downloaded the lens program from Barco @ www.barco.com

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.