AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had repeated billing/service issues with Verizon?

I would like to start a thread to show the lack of billing consistency. I am at my wits end with Verizon and am considering going back to Comcast. Although, in my opinion, Verizon has a better selection I am sick of spending my time every month correcting billing issues.

Since I got Fios 18 months ago, only 10 of those bills were correct. Other bills, charged me for random misc. services and fees. Now every time I get a bill I have to scrutinize it for overages.

This month, my bill was once again over the average. I should be billed $110 for internet and cable and was billed $188. They charged me for the free HBO and Cinemax Trial and did not include my bundle discount and several other misc. charges.

When I complained, I was told (as I have been before), to pay the bill as is and I will be credited within the next TWO, yes TWO, billing cycles.

Has anyone else experiences these types of issues with Verizon billing?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanecash /forum/post/18209812

Has anyone else experiences these types of issues with Verizon billing?

No, but I'm guessing you won't find much help in the HDTV programming section of AVS, on your billing issues.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 /forum/post/18210161

No, but I'm guessing you won't find much help in the HDTV programming section of AVS, on your billing issues.

You know I couldn't find a suitable area to post this, can you recommend another section?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Hawk, I posted it there too (thanks for the link), but this still seems relevant to the HDTV forum since it regards my HDTV billing.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanecash /forum/post/18209812

Has anyone else had repeated billing/service issues with Verizon?

I've never had FIOS myself, but there have been a few here that have complained, and I know that Consumer Reports recently rated them worst of all the main providers for billing and said that complaints about it were all too frequent.

I know that there are a lot of FIOS worshipers here who are going to have a fit to hear me say that, but realistically, you can't expect one service to do everything well (CR did also rate Verizon #1 for everything else).

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Even those of us who love FiOS service hate dealing with their customer disservice. I haven't had problems with my bill, but I have had 4 different orders magically disappear from the system and never go through. I've taken to calling back the day after I make any changes to make sure everything completed and confirm the pricing.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteaz /forum/post/18215442

Even those of us who love FiOS service hate dealing with their customer disservice. I haven't had problems with my bill, but I have had 4 different orders magically disappear from the system and never go through. I've taken to calling back the day after I make any changes to make sure everything completed and confirm the pricing.

Good idea. I am going to start doing that. I still have not gotten mine fixed.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI- After 3 or 4 hours of time spent on this a friend advised me to say, "I want to escalate my claim". I was transferred, after a 10 minute hold, to a very knowledgeable rep who fixed everything after a 40 minute conversation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts