AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had repeated billing/service issues with Verizon?

I would like to start a thread to show the lack of billing consistency. I am at my wits end with Verizon and am considering going back to Comcast. Although, in my opinion, Verizon has a better selection I am sick of spending my time every month correcting billing issues.

Since I got Fios 18 months ago, only 10 of those bills were correct. Other bills, charged me for random misc. services and fees. Now every time I get a bill I have to scrutinize it for overages.

This month, my bill was once again over the average. I should be billed $110 for internet and cable and was billed $188. They charged me for the free HBO and Cinemax Trial and did not include my bundle discount and several other misc. charges.

When I complained, I was told (as I have been before), to pay the bill as is and I will be credited within the next TWO, yes TWO, billing cycles.

Has anyone else experiences these types of issues with Verizon billing?

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 /forum/post/18210161

No, but I'm guessing you won't find much help in the HDTV programming section of AVS, on your billing issues.

You know I couldn't find a suitable area to post this, can you recommend another section?

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Hawk, I posted it there too (thanks for the link), but this still seems relevant to the HDTV forum since it regards my HDTV billing.

· Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanecash /forum/post/18209812

Has anyone else had repeated billing/service issues with Verizon?

I've never had FIOS myself, but there have been a few here that have complained, and I know that Consumer Reports recently rated them worst of all the main providers for billing and said that complaints about it were all too frequent.

I know that there are a lot of FIOS worshipers here who are going to have a fit to hear me say that, but realistically, you can't expect one service to do everything well (CR did also rate Verizon #1 for everything else).

· Registered
4,134 Posts
Even those of us who love FiOS service hate dealing with their customer disservice. I haven't had problems with my bill, but I have had 4 different orders magically disappear from the system and never go through. I've taken to calling back the day after I make any changes to make sure everything completed and confirm the pricing.

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteaz /forum/post/18215442

Even those of us who love FiOS service hate dealing with their customer disservice. I haven't had problems with my bill, but I have had 4 different orders magically disappear from the system and never go through. I've taken to calling back the day after I make any changes to make sure everything completed and confirm the pricing.

Good idea. I am going to start doing that. I still have not gotten mine fixed.

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI- After 3 or 4 hours of time spent on this a friend advised me to say, "I want to escalate my claim". I was transferred, after a 10 minute hold, to a very knowledgeable rep who fixed everything after a 40 minute conversation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.