AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you are wanting just QAM available channels (mainly locals and their sub channels) then any QAM card that's compatible with your OS should work. If you are wanting all the channels that you pay for with your subscription, you'll need to get a cable card tuner card. ATI is your only option currently but Ceton and others will have more options available starting in April (unless it gets pushed back further).

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Wait for the Ceton or one of the other models, such as the HDHomeRun cablecard model. The ATI is just a single tuner whereas the Ceton will be available id dual or quad tuner models, each requiring just a single M-card to operate them. The dual tuner models will cost you about the same or just slightly more than what you'd have to pay for the ATI.

·
Registered
385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video /forum/post/18140040

According to the Ceton website, their quad tuner card will available for sale by March 31, 2010.

Personally I don't believe that. They have had several projected dates get pushed back. Their previous expected date was 1Q 2010. March 31 is the last day of Q1. If they do make that date, I would expect some type of a subsequent firmware or driver update to fix all the issues that were rushed out the door.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Well, believe what you will. I'm just reporting what's posted on their website. I also heard that the tuner was supposed to be released by the end of Q1 2010 and so far I've heard of nothing that would change that date. I understand the skepticism considering how many promises have been made by software and hardware manufacturers over the years regarding the release of new products but I'm hoping that Ceton keeps their promise and delivers on time.

·
Registered
385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video /forum/post/18146880

I'm hoping that Ceton keeps their promise and delivers on time.

I'm hoping as well, but I'm not holding my breath. Plus if they do make the Q1 deadline to ship, that doesn't mean that stores will have it available Q1 too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.