AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We have a 20 story condo that has TV cable room on every other floor (ten total rooms). Reviewing options to distribute the OTA signal to ten "cable rooms", each cable room services ~12 units, 6 on the floor above and 6 on the floor below.

The antenna would be up ~200' on the rooftop and by the report seems to have many options from West Palm, Orlando and even Ft Laud Mia.

Need to understand what is reasonable from these signal strength numbers and possibility of being distributed across 20 floors/100 units.

Please help direct me to forum links to architect or understand options to boost, split, amplify and deliver OTA signal to ~100 units. And cable requirements from roof to cable room and cable room to cable room. Can a single coax be daisy chained from room to room or does each room need a home run from the antenna?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
213 Posts
First off, TV Fool sucks. It hasn't been updated in years. Use RabbitEars.info.

Second, there's already dedicated threads for nearly every market. Starting a new thread is considered bad form here.

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
Moving this to Technical as the local thread for this region is rather dormant. I'll move it back later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ajwalkman You are talking about a complete installed and balanced commercial system, not a single household. I must say this is NOT a job that can be done properly after an amateur watches a couple Youtube videos.

Hire a professional company, and get it done RIGHT, right from the start.
Happy to get a quote to do just that. Any recommendations of either a local company or national company that does just that?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
What's your budget? Is this new construction or an existing building? If the latter, how old?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We do not have a budget at this point we are just weighing going from current (ISP + Plus TV basic cable (with local channels in basic cable). Going forward, we are considering just ISP and then seeing if local OTA is an option in to replace the current basic cable.
Regarding the building I believe we have two satellites runs from the roof and may be able to use one of the coax runs from there to the 10 individual pone rooms. From the phone rooms, as example I already have two coax pulled to my unit one for ISP and one for unused satellite but could be OTA if building out OTA this is an option.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts