AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Finally just purchased a house! Luckily, it came with a room just big enough for a dedicated theater room.

Version 1 was a house that I rented a few years back. It had a 13' x 13' 3" for a theater room. It was nice and wide, but it was actually a master bedroom. I'm not a bachelor anymore, so I can "cheat" by doing this. :)

Version 2 was a house that I'm currently in. It's a 9' 3" x 19' room. Great length, but the width isn't ideal \.

Version 3 is finally my new house, and it will be a 9" 8" width, followed by a 14' 4" length, but there's also a 2' deep closet in the back which is ideal for the AV rack and movie storage location.

So anyways, all good for a nice little 4-seater theater room! Just need to do some slight design customization (flat paint, curtains, sliding closet door, projector mount, etc).

One thing I've noticed in ALL of my HT rooms, is that it gets stuffy when there's warm bodies as well as the AV stuff. This new room has one vent on the floor. What are some cheap ways that I can increase airflow without having to keep the bedroom door open, since from my past experience, this is usually a minor problem.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a picture of the rear of the room.

I'm going to install sliding closet doors to conserve more space back there. I will cover that with curtains along the rear of the room as well.

For mounting the projector, it's going to go either on a shelf right above the closet doors, or I'm going to have to get a hanging mount for it. Either way, I plan to drill a hole in the wall to run the power and HDMI cable to the AV stuff which will be in the closet.

Any other ideas or comments?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts