AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy, I just finish "Wild Zero" and along comes another zombie movie, this time it is "Versus" the long talked-about cult movie from Japan that has finally been released to DVD.

Trapped in the forest of resurection, an escaped prisoner, a group of Yakuza, and a kidnapped girl fight zombies and each other over a key that will open a portal to another world. That's pretty much the whole story, but if you are interested in zombie movies then that won't matter. The entire movie takes place within the forest, and has some relatively cool fight scenes and horribly bad acting.

The subtitles are relatively easy to understand, and as I write this I can't recall any specific problems with them be they grammar, spelling or mistranslation.

I watched this on a 36" directview set, so I will refrain from making comments about picture quality other than to say that this is a low budget movie and it shows. Most scenes were extremely soft.

I can't recommend this movie to anyone except die hard zombie movie lovers. I had heard that this movie was sort of a samurai/zombie movie, but that's not really the case. There are a few short scenes involving samurai, but if you are interested in this film for that reason then you'd best look elsewhere. Even if B grade zombie movies are your thing you'll have to shell out ¥4935 for the priviledge of watching it at your next gathering, but you and your friends should have great fun tearing it apart!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.