AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experiencing an intermittent oddity and hope that someone can help. I occasionally notice a vertical dashed line, white, evenly spaced dashes, on the right edge of the 4:3 image at the edge of where the black bar would begin. I have not been able to identify a particular program or channel where this happens consistently.

I have the Samsung HLP6163. Digital Motorola Cable Box hooked up via DVI, HTPC hooked up to PC input. Sound runs digitally from Cable Box and HTPC into receiver via Toslink cables.

Is this a DLP issue? A Samsung issue? Just an isolated problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was perusing the general issues with Samsung DLP's thread trying to help myself and found this on page 41. It would appear that I am not the only one with this oddity. They obviously did more testing than I did. I didn't see any answer to his problem.

Anybody Experience This Yet?

I watch SD in 4:3 mode. If the TV is on for more than a few hours in a row, a dotted line will form on the right hand side of the 4:3 box just outside of the picture. It is less than a centimeter outdside the picture and is a bright white dotted line from top to bottom. The line remains if I switch to another 4:3 channel, but disappears when I swith to 16:9 channel. If I switch back to the 4:3 channel from 16:9 quickly, then the line will reappear on the 4:3 channel. If I watch the 16:9 channel for a while though and then switch back to the 4:3 channel, the line is gone, for a while atleast. This seems really weird to me. Also, the line never shows up on the left hand side. Anybody experience this or know what this is?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Try one of your other inputs and see if you still have the problem.

I would hook up you antenna to the RF input and see if watching OTA SD content exibits the same line.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.