AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having what looks like VERTICAL keystone problem when looking into the lens on all tubes. Every setting is at "0" and I know it's not mechanical alignment as it also appears on the phosphor face.

Any ideas?

Could there be adjustment on the CRT neck that may influence this such as the 2 or 4 pole flare and astig cpc magnets?

Where's Chuck Williams ???

projector 10pg

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Gary,

I'm fairly sure this problem has cropped up before - try a search on "NEC Keystone" and see if it pops up (might be a different model but I'm sure the answer is in there somewhere),

Regards,

Paul

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
With all settings zeroed, the grid should look like a trapezoid, there should be some keystone to the raw grid.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have searched the archives to no avail. The projector is square to the screen and all settings are zeroed. the image is larger on the left side than the right. I can fix it thru the electronic geometry, however I would rather use mechanical.

Thanks Gary

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Gary,

with an actual source do you still have this phenomen when you set phase correctly ?

I found that when phase is set correctly I need almost no vertical keystone on the PG's.

Oliver Klohs

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was helping Gary last night with this and to get the geometry correct we had to use vertical tilt to rather high levels. I've never seen this on my PJ.

Paul the grid does looks somewhat trapezoidal but not in the correct way. I understand that there is a bit of horizontal keystone but this looks as though the VERTICAL keystone is off.

We played with the raster centering rings last night and also the astig and flare rings, but I noticed that in his previous settings (before we started in!) that the vertical tilt was used to correct this.

Could there be some sort of mechanical fix to this other than align and converg.

Geez Gary, my eyes sure hurt this mornin' heh heh

Alun

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was helping Gary last night with this and to get the geometry correct we had to use vertical tilt to rather high levels. I've never seen this on my PJ.

Paul the grid does looks somewhat trapezoidal but not in the correct way. I understand that there is a bit of horizontal keystone but this looks as though the VERTICAL keystone is off.

We played with the raster centering rings last night and also the astig and flare rings, but I noticed that in his previous settings (before we started in!) that the vertical tilt was used to correct this.

Could there be some sort of mechanical fix to this other than align and converg.

Also Oliver, when setting the phase on this 10pg I'm a little confused as it comes up as "Tilt and Phase". My XG is different from this, could you elaborate on this function for me.

Thanx

Geez Gary, my eyes sure hurt this mornin' heh heh

Alun

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Hificanuck,

with the 10PG'S I've seen the phase adjustment is the last adkustment in the alignment menu, I think it is number 9 in fact.

As you move the slider on this one from left to right to even out the edges of the grids of the three colors the vertical keystone changes considerably.

Oliver

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Gary,

you might also want to consider while you're at it not to adjust for too long in one sitting.

The convergnence amps get stressed quite a lot during adjustments and others have already commented on the necessity to keep those setup sessions shorter and to give the projector some time off afterwards.

With the early PG's including the 10PG this is more important than with other projectors as they are more prone to heat related problems.

Oliver Klohs

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I really don't know but about 30 to 45 minutes certainly is better than shoving sliders all night long. I have made it a rule not to adjust for more than half an hour at a time with my 10PG - it's always better to be on the safe side of things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.