AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Looking for some help with an issue that I am experiencing with my 1.5 year old Samsung LN40A750. I am getting vertical lines on the TV originating from bright colors (pics below). I found THIS THREAD that references the issue but I am not sure if the fix is the same. Samsung Customer Service says I'm SOL because my warranty expired 6 months ago.

My question is this, will replacing the capacitors fix this issue or is this a problem with the screen? And if so, what capacitors do I need? I hate to have to replace a $1500 TV after a year and a half so hopefully the new capcitors resolve this issue as well:

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I took the TV apart and it does not appear that the capcitors are damaged (although I know they have to be tested to be sure). The white stuff is an adheasive that they used on several places on the board.

Any thoughts on what this can be?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I called Samsung again and this time they said they would extend my warranty so I can get the issue resolved. I will post back once the technician has found and fixed the cause.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having this exact issue on a Samsung LN40A650. Does anyone have any insight into what causes it and if it is easily repairable? The set is 3+ years old, so I don't want to spend a whole lot repairing it when I can get a better model for relatively cheap.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I believe folks say this is a "tab con" problem. Something about the ribbon connectors around the outside coming unglued. Search the Forum and the internet as a whole for more info. But I have heard that Samsung is fixing a number of out of warranty problems.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Samsung ended up replacing the tv with a newer 46" model. They said the panel was bad and that they did not make them anymore. Not to mention they were more than a brand new tv.

If it is something simple like the ribon cable give fixing a shot. Otherwise I would spend the money on a new tv if Samsung won't cover it. It's really a shame because I have had tube tvs that were 20 years old and still working fine.

For the new tvs in my office (monitor and tv) I bought Vizio LEDs. So far so good and they get a ton more use than the Samsung.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp  /t/1293104/vertical-line-issue-with-samsung-ln40a750#post_21547181

I believe folks say this is a "tab con" problem. Something about the ribbon connectors around the outside coming unglued. Search the Forum and the internet as a whole for more info. But I have heard that Samsung is fixing a number of out of warranty problems.

I know this is an old thread, but in a last ditch effort to save my toob I thought I'd give her a shot. Has anyone had any luck with fixing it or having Samsung cover this issue? I have the same exact problem:

I found this thread but I'm not sure it's the same problem or correct fix for our issue:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1173106/kdl-xbr4-half-the-screen-dark-with-slow-pixel-refresh-all-inputs

I also tried replacing the T-Con board to no avail. I fear the panel has gone bad but I am really hesitant to call it quits on this TV just yet. I mean, before this happened it was an excellent TV and now 5 years after having bought it, it's going south on me. I guess 1300$ doesn't get you what it used to. And of course Samsung won't do anything but tell me it's 200-700$ to fix it. The refurb on Amazon isn't even 500.

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated! Help on this problem is few and far between...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but we are having this exact issue with the same tv. (Vertical lines) At 5 years old it is frustrating that a $1500 TV is unwatchable. It seems like this is a common issue based on web searches. Has anyone had any resolution with Samsung? Our 7 year old Sharp is still going strong despite being used for X-box 24/7. I don't think I will buy another

Samsung TV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts