AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys--

My friend just gave me his Lg Plasma to fix. It is model number DU-42PX12X. Essentially, there are a ton of vertical lines on the screen when it is plugged in and turned on, with or without a coax input. He said that it sometimes works...hes played videogames on it, but is pretty intermittent as to when/how long.

Heres a picture of what im talking about:

Any info on fixing this would be more than helpful! This thing will be SWEET when working!

James

·
Registered
105 Posts
If it does that then keep it off! I would hate for any of those lines to burn in or stick around in IR from displaying them for too long. Maybe you should try recharging the plasma gas. (sorry, continuing a joke from another thread!)

I don't know how to fix it, I guess call a repairman?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am fairly technically inclined, and would like to fix it myself, whether that be resoldering on a board, or replacing one, im comfortable with it, just need to know where to look...

J

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamescoop /forum/post/12902390

I am fairly technically inclined, and would like to fix it myself, whether that be resoldering on a board, or replacing one, im comfortable with it, just need to know where to look...

J

I think a new board is in the future for that set..solder or no solder. I suggest trying to get your hands on the service manual for that particular model or at least the next closest. Also, call LG and see if they can diagnose the problem over the phone (hit or miss on that one) and possibly even give you a part number for what you need. Worth a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts