AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! first post.

I've got a ceiling mounted BenQ HT1085ST with some super annoying vertical lines. I've tried the squeeze method described in other posts, but still no luck. ~750 lamp hours, the projector suffers a good bit of vibration in an NYC apartment with a herd of elephants upstairs.

The lines are visible on the BenQ menus, so I'm pretty sure it's in the projector itself, not the source.
They are sort of "blackish". they definitely have a bit of a swirl of color, sort of like looking at static on an OOOLLLDDD TV and seeing color in the black & white static. The lines are NOT visible when I put the grid on.

The vertical lines sort of blend in with the image, and fade into the background in certain shots. See how they sort of disappear around Daenerys' head and shoulders?

PS ignore the horizontal lines in the attachment, i think those are just an artifact of taking the picture on my phone. those are not visible on the screen.
PPS i cant post images yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello there! Did you ever find a solution?

My 35 months old BenQ HT3050 projector just started showing the exact same lines when it starts up, and for the first 30 minutes of use daily. The lines show up on white/lighter backgrounds only and after 30 minutes or so they disappear and don't come back until the next day.

Projector is 35 months old and was purchased refurbished and arrived with very few hours (or like no hours, I don't remember) and looked brand new and has been great so far.

Our house has been hovering around 84 degrees probably where the projector is mounted at the opening of a cutom made ceiling cavity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.