AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have vertical lines that show up on my tv regardless of input, picture size, etc.

There are about three of them. One 1.5" from the right, one at dead center and one about one-third from the left. These lines are about a pencil width and are areas where the screen is slightly lighter than the surrounding. They are generally only visible on greyish scenes and when there is panning it makes it easier to see them.

The one that is 1.5" from the right edge is visible most of the time depending on the brighness of the scene, while the other two are much harder to find and sometimes cannot be found. Occasionally, the one at the left of the screen becomes very noticeable. The one at the center is usually hard to see but seems to be a bit wider than the others and slightly different in other ways.

Can anyone offer any help on what might be causing this? My initial reaction was to think that its reflections inside the tv. However, I read about similar stuff on the 56H80 models. FYI, SVM is off. Pushing contrast real high they will start to go away (but I dont want to do that!).

I would ask others to check there TV's for this but once you notice them it becomes distracting. (like an eye magnet)

With the exception of these lines, my TV is about as close to perfect as a RPTV can get. Gladiator was truly a stunning 3D like experience on this TV.

Thanks,

Brian

------------------

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have (and have had) the same problem on my TW56X81 for the past two years. I had forgotten about it till you brought it up again (out of sight, out of mind). It was discussed ad-nauseum on the digital theater forum a while back and determined to be a design fault in the Toshiba's.

Here's a link to one of the posts.
click me

[This message has been edited by sjhenry (edited 09-02-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.