AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have set up the Philips 985, and I am noticing a vertical shift of the picture upwards. This was not present originally. I have noted some remarks on another thread about the same problem and being able to adjust it, but I have not been successful at finding the right methodology. Can anyone help on this?

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I have the same problem. There is no adjustment for vertical shift. You can only adjust it horizontally.

The more I have this machine the more I think it is piece of sh$%t with all its bugs. Comparing to my Pioneer DVR-7000 and Panny DMR-E20 it is step below as far usability and slightly worse as far picture quality.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just exchanged my unit for another one. It does exactly the same thing. I cannot agree that the picture quality is poor, as progressive scan playback is surprisingly good, almost as good as my Kenwood DV-5700.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have experienced the same issue and have seen it on units setup in the store. Anyone else seen (or not seen) this issue?

Jeff

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started a thread on DVDplusRW.org on this same issue, and there is a post from someone who also compared 1.78:1 material to the interlaced output and noted that even that was shifted upwards. He notes there is enough material available below the screen to continue to fill it, but it looks like we have an upward shift across the board. This seems to be something in need of a fix via firmware, unfortunately Phillips customer service has not been very helpful so far. I talked to one of their reps who said that she would discuss it with the Team Leader and get back to me. Their tech support is actually a 900 number. Looks like it is time for as many people as possible to call their customer service number and ask them about this. The number is 1-800-531-0039.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.