AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hitachi 50V720, 1080i, rear projection TV. I have vertical stripes that alternate in color from yellow, green, and blue. They are about four inches wide, all the way across the screen. The picture from any video source is in the background. There are even UPC symbols in the background.All inputs do this. I've been living with it for 2 years now, doing it intermittently. I used to be able to turn the TV off for 5 minutes, and it would go to normal. Now it won't fix itself. No lamps or warnings.

Also, I just replaced the bulb, so that is not a fix. 2 bulbs, same problem.

I have pics of the screen. Also someone else posted this, with pics, same as mine.

Called Hitachi, they suck. I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and get a real TV, never a Hitachi again.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Your TV is a 720p LCD TV that will accept 1080i video and then downscale it to 720 or which will accept 720p video directly requiring no scaling.

What resolution do you normally send it over what interface from what program source?

If not 720p then I suggest that you try it.

I would not expect the bulb to have anything to do with your problem since the TV does light up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts