AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Panasonic 60LC14 is working fine, the only problem is that the tops of the heads are cut off, and the bottom of the screen cuts off about 1/4th of the info. I have been through the owners manual and adjusted all to do with width and hite, but still didn't help. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the vertical width (pull down at the top and up at the bottom) and can't find any adjustments. on the older tv's used to have a pot to adjust for vert width, but I see no adjustments at all on this one. Thanks for any advice anyone might have. TV is fine, just getting tired of cutting off the very tops of the heads. I have went through all aspects zoom, normal, full, justify, and it is the same on all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using direct tv unit for the input, also I have been to the zoom mode, and adjusted the vert width back to 0 where it is now set. It did bring it down some, but it is still cutting off the very tops of their heads on like news cast from different channels. The menu from the zoom mode to other then to width is the only vertical adjustments I could find anywhere. Tks for your help.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I no nothing about the DirectTV tuners. Have you checked to be sure that there is not a Zoom setting on it also which might be enabled?

Do you have the same problem with each of the news chanels or are some better then others. I know on my cable tuner that HD content such as news that has been upscaled from "filming" with a SD camera is slightly zoomed and this is done apparently to reduce the width of the side pillers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.