AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having vertical bars of color on my Samsung LCD TV and I was wondering what could be the problem.

Model number LN46A650 or LN46A650A1FXZA

I purchased around 2009 I think.

Here are some picture and video of the problem.

http://miogpsrocks.imgur.com/all/

Does anyone have an idea of what this could possible be?

If I leave the TV on for about 1 hour then turn it off and on again, it usually turns normal. However if I turn the TV off for the night and come back in the morning, the bars are back!

Is my TV toast or is it some kind of fix I can do?

I don't want to bring it in for some $800 repair when I can probably buy a new TV for that. I was hoping there might be some DIY steps needed to fix this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
See sticky above. Please post this under the Display forum. Why is this a private video?
Apparently youtube and other websites have a default of private. I never marked those as private. I had to go and hunt though the settings to figure how to to make those video public.

What sticky talks about this issue? I see one on lag issues, general pictures of LCD, and help me decide on an LCD,etc.
Where is the sticky for vertical lines taken over your tv when you turn it on?

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the pictures and videos working now for you guys? It was on private and it did not work when I first posted it however since it was brought to my attention. I don't know why these websites default to private instead of public.

Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See sticky above. Please post this under the Display forum. Why is this a private video?

Do you have the link to the sticky with information about the vertical lines on the Samsung LCD TV?

Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T-con board( Timing and control board) ???

I look up a video online in which they say that a T-con, TCON, Timing and Control board may be needed when there is no picture but you can hear sound.

Does anyone know if this is true.

I did call a shop that told me that if the vertical lines are moving horizontally then the TV is totally screwed and a new board won't work.

Does anyone have any experience with Vertical color lines/bars on the screen?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts