AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm going to be ceiling mounting an Optoma HD70 -- only my mount has arrived ahead of time and I was thinking of installing it before the actual projector is on the premises.

My main concern in putting up the mount is horizontal alignment of the unit. Am I right in thinking the horizontal center of the projected image will correspond to the center of the lens . . . ? (The lens center, and not the center of the unit.)

Thanks in advance for answering what is probably an obvious question --

And any words of advice (or warning) about putting up the mount without the projector present would also be appreciated.

- John in NY

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The lens is all that matters - you have no horizontal lens shift so put the lens in the exact middle of the screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is true for medium and good quality projectors only. I had a BenQ PB6100 before I joined the CRT league (the BenQ had a damn good price at that time, so I just bought it). This thingy had to be placed such as the lens was aligned at about one third of the horizontal width. Sounds strange, but I had the problem, called tech support, they told me "live with it" and so i did... Until I sold it and got one mother of a projector (70 KGs).

Anyways, usually the lens should be aligned centrally but if I were you, I would wait until the projector arrives. Placing a ceiling mount shouldn't take too long anyway for a normal digital.

·
Banned
5,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycon /forum/post/0

If I were you, I would wait until the projector arrives. Placing a ceiling mount shouldn't take too long anyway for a normal digital.

Seconded. Wait.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
On the HD70, I have one, the lens is not in the center of the PJ. You need to make sure the LENS is centered, not the PJ.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycon /forum/post/0

This is true for medium and good quality projectors only.

What??? What are you talking about?

I have an HD70 like the OP is asking about. The lens is not centered on the PJ BUT the lens must be centered on the screen since this PJ has NO lens shift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, just a followup to the original question. Does anyone know what the horizontal distance is between the center of the lens and the front screw? I can't find it anywhere in the literature or the Optoma website. Does it align with any of the other mounting screws?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts