AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. It looks like we can save serious money by seeking and supporting the best prices on the internet for D-Theater.

Look what I found at BestPrices.com www.uln.com

Terminator 2: $22.11

Peacemaker: $33.25

U 571: $33.25 (hint: Search on U 571 or U%571 not U-571)

Bikini Destinations: alas, not yet listed

Shipping by Standard U.S. Mail is $3.50

Priority Mail is $5.35

Fedex 2-Day is $6.95

They will also ship overnight and UPS.

Sorry, no $24 Express Shipping is available.

Can someone else beat these prices?

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, Standard U.S. Mail = Media Mail. So you might want to spring for the Priority Mail or better. I've heard that Media Mail is "almost as quick" as Priority is you use Zip Code + 4 (i.e., your 9-digit zip).

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course not. For those who ordered t2 from Best Buy:

1. Find your order number for your T2 pre-order at BestBuy.com

2. You can't cancel your order on the internet. Instead, phone 1-888-237-8289; when prompted, press or say "5"; when prompted, press or say "4"

3. Give the nice person your phone number (the one you entered when you registered at their web site), your order number, and your e-mail address.

4. Ask the nice person to cancel your order.

5. Seven minutes later you'll receive an e-mail saying your order is cancelled.

6. Place your new order with BestPrices and save, save, save.

UPDATE ON BESTPRICES:

Two tapes ship for $5.50 (Standard - Media Mail); $9.00 Priority Mail; and $9.50 Fedex 2-day. I don't know whether multiple tapes will be shipped separately or together.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I think you have found the cheapest prices so far. $45 retail is too high. I know we are getting 1080i versions and should be happy but $35 is a better retail price. At $35 retail I would buy more tapes than at $45. Hopefully the price of these will drop after a while. T2 for $22 from bestprices is great! Gee, I have probably only owned about 4-5 different versions of this movie including Laserdisc and DVD but I am most excited about the D-VHS version.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the best way to tell the industry that we want low prices is to give our business to the vendors that offer low prices. I'm sure Milton Freeman would agree (i.e., the invisible hand of capitalism, free market economics, etc.).

Of course, those who don't believe this should instead show their support by paying list price plus $24 per tape express shipping. ;) ]

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
dneily:

I did just that. I cancelled my order for Terminator 2 at Buy.com and ordered Terminator 2 and U 571 from Best Prices.com for a total of $59.86 (shipping was $4.50 for both). Won't ship until after June 11th, however, from Calif. (I'm in Florida).

Like Mike (mbw23) this will make my third copy of T2. I have to stop being a compulsive buyer.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Like Mike (mbw23) this will make my third copy of T2. I have to stop being a compulsive buyer.
The way I look at this version of T-2 is that this is the best picture quality it will ever get to. Of course 6 months from now the D-Theater DTS version will be out. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/wink.gif

Mike

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dneily
O.K. It looks like we can save serious money by seeking and supporting the best prices on the internet for D-Theater.

Look what I found at BestPrices.com www.uln.com

Terminator 2: $22.11

Peacemaker: $33.25

U 571: $33.25 (hint: Search on U 571 or U%571 not U-571)

Bikini Destinations: alas, not yet listed

Shipping by Standard U.S. Mail is $3.50

Priority Mail is $5.35

Fedex 2-Day is $6.95

They will also ship overnight and UPS.

Sorry, no $24 Express Shipping is available.

Can someone else beat these prices?
Cannot find peacemaker in uln.com site. PLEASE! post direct link.

thank you.

bb

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the direct link to Peacemaker (HDTV) on the BestPrices.com web site: Click here

BTW they say they have 375 copies on order.

·
Registered
33,556 Posts
Is there a reason they don't specifically list this as a D-Theater or D-VHS tape? For whatever reason they simply list it as "VHS" with a note that it's "HD".

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
check widescreenreview.com, they also have a daughter site dedicated to d-vhs....

tm

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
dneily

Thanks for that info. I have canceled the Buy.com order and pre ordered all the titles BestPrices.com

HD media on tap at long last.

DavidW

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the links! A customer called and told me

about this forum...

Just wanted to lay out the items that we have available for

preorder for you guys. To pull them up, select "VHS" and

search for "HDTV"

Peacemaker HDTV $33.25

Terminator 2 HDTV $22.11

U 571 HDTV $33.25

Shipping for all 3 would be: $6.48 for US mail or $9.60 for Fedex 2Day

Have fun!

Shawn
http://www.bestprices.com

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are the highlights of the annoucement at the WSR D-VHS site today:

X-Men will also be released on June 10 (change from June 11) with T2, Peacemaker, and U-571.

New titles for "later this year" include End of Days and Dirty Dancing.

No price yet for X-Men, even though its street date is 4 days from now.

The WSR site has lowered its prices for the first three titles! (in response to pressure from AVS Forum members?) :)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Unfortunately I had to go out of town this weekend and won't be back until Monday. DOH! I'm sure others will have it before me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What store did you spot T2 at mrwilson? If I could pick one up locally that would be great, that is if I could pry my eyes away from the thrilling dvhs demo tape!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.