AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real quick dumb question, but I want to make sure. I bought a center speaker with 2 sets of terminals (High & Low) to allow for Bi-Wiring. How do I hook up my speaker the old fashioned way if I don't want to bi-wire? I will search the threads to learn about any advantages of bi-wiring, but for now I just want to get it hooked up. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
you need to put a "jumper" between the positive terminals and a separate one for the negative terminals--you can buy these at monoprice.com or just use a piece of wire--hook up your amp to one set of +/- terminals then run a short wire connecting both + termoinals and another one connecting the - teminals. that should do ya'

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieRob /forum/post/18134070

Real quick dumb question, but I want to make sure. I bought a center speaker with 2 sets of terminals (High & Low) to allow for Bi-Wiring. How do I hook up my speaker the old fashioned way if I don't want to bi-wire? I will search the threads to learn about any advantages of bi-wiring, but for now I just want to get it hooked up. Thanks.

Do they already have jumper plates? If they do, just leave them on. Then just pick a pair of posts. It doesn't matter if you use the top or bottom for non bi-wiring. I use the bottom binding posts.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel /forum/post/18134128

Do they already have jumper plates? If they do, just leave them on. Then just pick a pair of posts. It doesn't matter if you use the top or bottom for non bi-wiring. I use the bottom binding posts.

They do have the plates. I will just pick a pair of posts. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.