AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle is brain damaged and legally blind. I have been working with him for his soundsystem, in the past I have ripped cd's to mp3 for his desktop which he plays solitaire on. I have also upgraded his system in his livingroom to a denon receiver with his older set of high quality speakers.

He has a collection of several hundred smooth jazz cd's which he never listens to.

My goal is to rip his collection into FLAC and find an easily accessible way for him to listen to his music on his sound system.

Keep in mind that the LG blu-ray player I got for him was too difficult to navigate, I got him a sony blu-ray player with a "Netflix" button to simplify things.

If there was a simple way to play his library on a high quality system I would be very appreciative. I know of the olive and although it is pricey, it could be done considering the interface was easy to navigate. Any and all suggestions are welcome, high volume CD changers, media storage, anything. If he can sit back and easily enjoy the music he loves I will make it happen. Thank you for your thought's

·
Registered
467 Posts
My uncle is brain damaged and legally blind. I have been working with him for his soundsystem, in the past I have ripped cd's to mp3 for his desktop which he plays solitaire on. I have also upgraded his system in his livingroom to a denon receiver with his older set of high quality speakers.

He has a collection of several hundred smooth jazz cd's which he never listens to.

My goal is to rip his collection into FLAC and find an easily accessible way for him to listen to his music on his sound system.

Keep in mind that the LG blu-ray player I got for him was too difficult to navigate, I got him a sony blu-ray player with a "Netflix" button to simplify things.

If there was a simple way to play his library on a high quality system I would be very appreciative. I know of the olive and although it is pricey, it could be done considering the interface was easy to navigate. Any and all suggestions are welcome, high volume CD changers, media storage, anything. If he can sit back and easily enjoy the music he loves I will make it happen. Thank you for your thought's
Try Bluesound. That may work well.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts