AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say that I am very happy with my Emotiva products. I have an XPA-5 and ERM-6.2. The XPA-5 has worked flawlessly and doesn't buzz or hiss in the slightest, even when cranked all the way up. The ERM-6.2 is a great sounding speaker and I highly recommend it. Way to go Emotiva! Please feel free to post your happy Emotiva comments in my thread! NO EMO BASHING ALLOWED.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Why didn't you just post it to the thread where the OP was unhappy with Emotiva as a counter example? We already had an Emotiva thread. Then that guy felt the need to create a new thread to discuss his displeasure. Now there's a third Emotiva thread?

Seems like too many Emotiva threads

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/16978102

Why didn't you just post it to the thread where the OP was unhappy with Emotiva as a counter example? We already had an Emotiva thread. Then that guy felt the need to create a new thread to discuss his displeasure. Now there's a third Emotiva thread?

Because I wanted to detract from the Anti Emotiva thread...come on get with it! Seems like a good plan to me. I want people to express their Emotiva pleasures...Not emotions. No bashing allowed.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/16978102

I vote that we should only have one Yamaha thread, one Denon thread, one Sony thread, etc.

·
Registered
313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay /forum/post/16978844

I vote that we should only have one Yamaha thread, one Denon thread, one Sony thread, etc.

I'm not sure there are any analogous threads to this one for any of those brands.

There are two "I love Emotiva" threads. I've never seen a "I love Yamaha" thread (for example). The Yamaha, Denon, and Sony threads seem to be dedicated to specific products or lines of products and generally focus on setup, usage, and troubleshooting and have practical value. These Emotiva threads, on the other hand, aren't so much practical as emotional.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I am not a mod obviously. My opinion does not really matter. I just thought the forum would be a bit cleaner if these were posted in the general Emotiva thread.

It might get a bit annoying if every time someone loves or hates a brand a thread needs to get created for types of owners. This is a very busy forum, so fewer threads seems helpful, at least to me.

I agree about Yamaha, Denon etc. The number of threads is a bit annoying, but they serve a purpose of addressing specific product lines. I have suggested before that the amp/receiver forum have a sub forum for product specific threads, as I think that would make them easier to find - but people new to this forum might get confused by that.

Or maybe there should be separate recommendation threads for each price range. Seems silly to have a new "I am looking for a sub $400 receiver" every day when so much info can be repeated.

·
Premium Member
24,063 Posts
We have about 17 threads dedicated to the Oppo Blu ray player so why not let Emotiva have a few...

BTW, I own the Oppo so don't take that as an insult...

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
We have a new thread daily asking which AVR to buy
its like the day old threads are obsolete and people need completely new threads for themselves

There is no way to police the madness

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
No point in policing it. But maybe some more stickied threads and sub forums could help. Or not

·
Registered
868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay /forum/post/16978844

Yeah then there'd only be like 10 threads to keep track of but they'd each be like a thousand pages long. Sweet. I'm in.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Add my name to the happy Emotiva list, I own a pair of XPA-1 amps and am using their 6.3 speaker for my center channel. There is a 'i hate Emotiva' thread?

·
Registered
313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole /forum/post/16979787

There is a 'i hate Emotiva' thread?

One guy posted a thread about how the center channel on his Parasound sounds a lot better than the one on his Emotiva. It sort of sounds like there might be something wrong with his Emotiva though. By now the thread has pretty much degraded into another "all amps sound the same" discussion though.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
By now the thread has pretty much degraded into another "all amps sound the same" discussion though.

mislead, misinterpet, redirect....do you work in Government?

·
Registered
313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/16981122

mislead, misinterpet, redirect....do you work in Government?

Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

I think that we agree on this topic. Amps that measure the same (within some margin of audibility) sound the same. Amps that measure significantly differently from each other will sound different from each other.

Unfortunately, there are definitely people on these forums who will and have declared that as long as two amps are driven below clipping and neither is incompetently designed, they will sound the same. You are not the only person involved in the "all amps sound the same" discussions (try reading RoboRay's post immediately above your own). I suggest you go back and actually read the relevant threads.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Why do we have to have this discussion in 10 threads a day? It's getting old. Can't we restrict it to one thread on the main page at a time?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/16981810

Why do we have to have this discussion in 10 threads a day?

To take up the time in between reading "help me pick a receiver/amplifier/speakers/etc/etc/etc" threads.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyaspie /forum/post/16982196

To take up the time in between reading "help me pick a receiver/amplifier/speakers/etc/etc/etc" threads.

LOL.

We could start new topics you know. Like improving AVR sound through accoustic improvements that don't look like crap, and work for apartment dwellers

And they have to be cheap.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts