AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the utlra large flat panel TV that are now available? I'm aware of a Panny 103" plasma at an outrageous price - is that unit generally available? What about the Sharp 90" LCD at a cool $10,000?

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
The Panny is difficult to deal with. You need a small army to mount it. It weighs over 400# and requires a 220 line. The Sharp is about 150# and uses standard 120 volts. I haven't used the 90" yet, I don't think it is shipping yet. If you have the space I'd prefer to do a projector either front or rear projection set up.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
For less money you could get a 120" Blue Ocean rear projection screen and a Canon 5000 lumen LCOS projector with .8 to 1 lens throw ratio. You would need 9 feet behind the screen. Your electric bills would be allot lower, but you would have to change bulbs every 3,000 hours. The Canon contrast ratio is only 1000:1 but that makes no difference for lights-on viewing. The contrast ratio numbers are deceiving, and most people like the Canon blacks even with poor claimed specs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts