AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my screen yesterday and was doing research on how to mount the W1070.

From what I've read I need the screen to be a minimum of 5cm (2") above the top of the viewable part of the screen. For me the top of the screen is 15cm (6") from the ceiling.

I also read you measure from the centre of the lens, which is 5cm (2") from the part the mounting plate fixes to.

So, 15cm - 10cm leaves me with a ceiling mount that is just 5cm/2" high. The shortest one I can find locally is 8cm, which puts the projector just 2cm (0.78") above the screen.

So, my questions: :)

1. I've read on here a minimum of 2" but up to 6" (using lens shift) is possible, but only shifting upwards is possible. Is that correct? If I could shift the lens down I don't have a problem.
2. Is 2cm above the screen not enough? What are the negative effects introduced by missing those 3cm?
3. If all of the above is not do-able can anyone recommend a very low profile ceiling mount? My budget is around $100.

Thanks,

--Liam.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apologies, the second sentence should have read:

"I need the PROJECTOR to be a minimum of 5cm (2") above the top of hte viewable part of the screen"

·
Registered
989 Posts
An option you may want to consider is to make your own. You can use a 3/4" piece of wood (your choice). Make a template of the mounting holes on the projector and then transfer that to the wood. Drill the holes, go to home depot and pick up 4 bolts to mount the projector to the wood and then using screw in drywall anchors mount everything to the ceiling. Paint the board the same color as the ceiling and you have a low cost custom flush mount.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I had the same issue and had to recess mine into the dropped portion of my ceiling.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
This is the mount to get:

http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Mount...&keywords=premier+low+profile+projector+mount

Read the reviews.

You can mount the W1070 directly to the plate instead of using the arms and when mounted to the ceiling, the lens will be 3 3/4" from the ceiling, putting the lens 2 1/4" above the top of the screen. Exactly where you want it.

Sure, you can mount it to a piece of wood right to the ceiling, but then you lose the tilt/roll of the mount and are stuck with wherever it ends up which is not at all ideal. This mount solves that issue in a true low-profile design that is unique from what I've seen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

AV Integrated, unfortunately that item doesn't ship to Ireland, so I'll keep looking. I take it what you're referring to about the adjustments is anomalies in the ceiling? I had assumed all builders make excellent flat surfaces until I considered your point!

For now just to get it off the table and keep wires out of the way I'll use the DIY wood route until I can get the above bracket to me.

Thanks again.

--Liam.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am interested in the Peerless Mounts and the low profile mount that is linked above. I will have a BenQ 1070 to mount to an 8'1" ceiling. I plan to mount it to the floor joyce, and would like it to be as low profile as possible.

Do these mounts attach directly to the ceiling? Do I need another piece, or accessory to make this work. It seems like I may need a threaded pipe, and something to attach a threaded pipe to the floor joyce.

irishbbq

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I am interested in the Peerless Mounts and the low profile mount that is linked above. I will have a BenQ 1070 to mount to an 8'1" ceiling. I plan to mount it to the floor joyce, and would like it to be as low profile as possible.

Do these mounts attach directly to the ceiling? Do I need another piece, or accessory to make this work. It seems like I may need a threaded pipe, and something to attach a threaded pipe to the floor joyce.

irishbbq
If you are looking for a low profile mount and you need the projector tight to your ceiling due to low ceiling height and high screen height, then the mounts can be connected directly to your ceiling.

Otherwise, I would recommend the Chief RPMAU mount, which is the best universal mount in existence.

You can then use 1.5" iron pipe from the plumbing section of a hardware store and a 1.5" floor flange to connect the pipe to the ceiling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the information, it is much appreciated. I am going to go with the Peerless Mount and mount it directly to my ceiling. It is my understanding that I will not need any additional hardware.

irishbbq

·
Registered
987 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know if I can do the no arms trick with this mount and a ht1075 or ht2050?

This is the mount to get:

http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Mount...&keywords=premier+low+profile+projector+mount

Read the reviews.

You can mount the W1070 directly to the plate instead of using the arms and when mounted to the ceiling, the lens will be 3 3/4" from the ceiling, putting the lens 2 1/4" above the top of the screen. Exactly where you want it.

Sure, you can mount it to a piece of wood right to the ceiling, but then you lose the tilt/roll of the mount and are stuck with wherever it ends up which is not at all ideal. This mount solves that issue in a true low-profile design that is unique from what I've seen.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know if I can do the no arms trick with this mount and a ht1075 or ht2050?
I can't look up the HT2050 on Chief's website yet, so I don't know about that, but the HT1075 is identical to the W1070 for mounting points. So, that would definitely be possible. I would expect there to be a way to make the 2050 work.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I can't look up the HT2050 on Chief's website yet, so I don't know about that, but the HT1075 is identical to the W1070 for mounting points. So, that would definitely be possible. I would expect there to be a way to make the 2050 work.
Thank you. Let me know about the 2050 if possible. I looked at the manual but couldn't tell.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Thank you. Let me know about the 2050 if possible. I looked at the manual but couldn't tell.
I looked at the manual as well for both models, and the only thing I can say for sure is that the 2050 and the 1070/1075 have different hole patterns. While the 1070 and 1075 are identical, the 2050 is different. Since I've never used and don't own the Premier mount, I can't take measurements to see if it will work without the bracket, but I know you could make arms for about ten bucks if you wanted/needed to so the profile could be kept ultra low if the mount didn't just work out of the box. Might add 2mm to the height.

If I absolutely HAD to have ultra low profile mounting, this would still probably be the one I would use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts