AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It changes channels randomly, advances the guide randomly, and in general acts like it is pressing it's own buttons ... Have removed remote batteries to no avail ... Bad box?

------------------

Thanks!!

Darren

DVD Collection

My games

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Do you have another E* box in the house, or maybe close neighbors with E* equipment (especially if the other E* is a 4000, 5000, 4700, 4900 or another 6000) ?

If so, You need to set your 6000 to use another one of the 15 addresses besides the one you're on. See your instruction manual for details.

------------------

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had some odd behavior with the 6000 where I had a set of RCA iR repeaters in the room. Something was causing the iR repeater to emit a weak "random" signal shown by pulsating glow of the red LED's (for which I could not trace the source). This was causing the 6000 to act like the info button was being pressed on its remote every 30 or so seconds.

I would recommend checking for other interference, etc.

------------------

Gary

STOP DVI/HDCP!

DVI/HDCP! ~= HD-DIVX!!!

DO NOT SUPPORT JVC or anyone else who supports this!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope ... None of those is possible ...

No other box in the house

No neighbors with Dish

No repeaters

One remote is accounted for

------------------

Thanks!!

Darren

DVD Collection

My games

·
Registered
56 Posts
Change the code on the remote (the directions are in the digital remote book). After you have tried all codes and no luck, take the ant. off the back and see if it stops. if that doesnt work, call 800 333-dish and ask for advanced tech support. See if they can help.

You my have a strong RF signal flying around. Trying all codes should work. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.