AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That picture is basically the best way I knew how to explain what I wanted to do. The left side is what is going on right now. Through the tip, my voice goes from the headset to the controller, and through the sleeve, other peoples voices go from the controller to the headset. Somehow, I want to be able to intercept this connection and have both signals going to my computer. I think the easiest way would be stereo, but mono would work as well as long as both channels are included.

What I want to know is what to do in the red box. How can I get this to work?

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
1,556 Posts

Quote:
Through the tip, my voice goes from the headset to the controller, and through the sleeve, other peoples voices go from the controller to the headset.

Where's the ground connection?

Quote:
I want to be able to intercept this connection and have both signals going to my computer.

You'd need a preamp for the mic, in order to feed it and the ear signal to your PCs line input.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
The grounds are usually common the way around.

The previous post was correct. To use the "line in" on the computer, a small mic preamp is necessary. Are you taking a headphone feed FROM to computer? If so, you will need to break the headphone feed from the Xbox. There are a couple options,. You can have a mini mixer to combine the headphone signal with a gain control for each one or a simple switch for selecting A or B. The microphone feeds to the Xbox and computer can simply be tied togehter as long as they do not actually mute the mic when not selected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.