AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a Revolution 7.1 card in my HTPC. I've connected the Line out to the RCA CD connector(analog) of a Kenwood vr357 receiver.

The Revolution has SPDIF and I have Coax running to the Video3 Coax connector of the Kenwood.

The problem is, I can never get sound through the digital connection. The analog(CD) connection works just fine.

I've tried every possible setting on the kenwood that I know of and have yet to get sound.

Any ideas?

BrightBulb

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by brightbulb
I'm running a Revolution 7.1 card in my HTPC. I've connected the Line out to the RCA CD connector(analog) of a Kenwood vr357 receiver.

The Revolution has SPDIF and I have Coax running to the Video3 Coax connector of the Kenwood.

The problem is, I can never get sound through the digital connection. The analog(CD) connection works just fine.

I've tried every possible setting on the kenwood that I know of and have yet to get sound.

Any ideas?

BrightBulb
Have you checked to determine if the SPDIF output has to be enabled?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,

I installed WinDVD and set it to Digital and guess what!

I think I'm incorrectly assuming I could get digital out of the SPDIF with all applications.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Brightbulb,

By default Revo does not install with a S/PDIF (digital) button displayed in the control panel. To enable digital output for all audio you must use the drop down menu to select "digital".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.