AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is the new security policy for COMDEX (I assume a similar one will be in place for CES):

Quote:
Policy to access the entire Las Vegas Convention Center property, including the Las Vegas Hilton and Silver Lot tented areas:

• While on-site, you should CARRY A PHOTO ID (DRIVER'S LICENSE OR PASSPORT) ON YOU AT ALL TIMES.

• To obtain your badge and/or badge holder, YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR PHOTO ID (driver's license or passport). Each registered attendee will be allowed to pick up their own badge only - not for friends, colleagues, etc. NO EXCEPTIONS.

• NO BAGS OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE SHOW FLOOR.

• Please leave bags, briefcases, backpacks, etc. at home or in your hotel room. Please remember that once inside the exhibit halls, you can carry the product literature you collect in one of the many plastic bags that exhibitors distribute to attendees.

Anyone carrying a purse, a computer, or a fanny-pack will be asked to go through a security check.

THERE WILL BE A BAG CHECK AREA OUTSIDE THE CONVENTION CENTER.

• Please expect delays and allow extra time when arriving on-site. If you have meetings, appointments, or conference sessions to attend, please arrive as early as possible. It may take longer than usual to enter the property this year due to increased security measures.

Policy for attending the Keynote Presentations:

• NO BAGS OF ANY KIND will be allowed in any of the keynote programs. This includes backpacks, laptop bags, shopping bags, briefcases, etc. NO CAMERAS will be allowed.
They warn that attendees will expect long lines. I'm concerned about the NO BAGS ON THE FLOOR statement. How in the hell would one carry all the vendors' goodies??? Vendor-supplied plastic bags ain't gonna cut it.

Darn, I just might have to skip CES this year.... :confused:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
What do you normally carry your brochures in??? Are you one of those brochure collectors that picks up everything he see's?? I've even seen trade shows where some of the attendees's had a box strapped to one of those wheeled luggage carriers. It's almost like they think it's a game.... "most brochures wins". What a joke!

Perhaps the best solution will be to go for quality rather than quantity. Pick up brochures for stuffthat you're really interesting in in the short term, not everything known to man.

Most brochures never make it out of the attendees hotel room, so why even bother. Use the internet to get any info you need.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Indeed CES will be much of the same. Bag checks upon entering the show floor and increased security headcount. You can't even get namebadges with imaginary names on them this year.

Well, necessary evil I guess. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.