Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All,

I am relatively new to this forum and I am thinking of making the plunge into affordable Projection Systems. I have been surfing many forums and this one has had some good information so far.

I can't help but notice how many people are very happy with the Infocus X1 for a budget projector. I am a DVD and Videogamer nut. I want to play my Xbox on the projector and be able to watch movies too. However, I want to make sure that for the near future, when the new console are released, that I may get some use age out of the X1 prior to buying a better projector (a guy can dream cant he:rolleyes: )

Anyhow, I have a few questions:

1. Are there any 'multiple' switchers (boxes) that will allow me to put Component (YPbPr) connections into a 'box' and from the 'box' to the 15 pin plug on the X1. I have information on the Viewsonic NextVision N6, but it has limited inputs. I would like to be able to play my Xbox, GCN and PS2 along with my DVD player on the projector. Anylinks would be appreciated thanx.

2. Can anyone tell me the main differences between the X1 and the Screenplay 4800? A friend of mine went to CES this year and he stated that Infocus is releasing new models in around April (in Canada) and the 4805 is gonna have a full array of plugs in the back including regular component (YPbPr). This would allow me to have a component switcher which I know there are many out there.

3, Finally, does anyone have any pics of an X1 playing vidoegames and displaying 16x9 images? Including any 16x9 Xbox games? And, how about using the X1 (or 4800) with ambient light.

Anyhow, thank you in advance for any information. Hope you don't mind all the newbie questions.

Cheers,;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast
Good Day All,

I am relatively new to this forum and I am thinking of making the plunge into affordable Projection Systems. I have been surfing many forums and this one has had some good information so far.

I can't help but notice how many people are very happy with the Infocus X1 for a budget projector. I am a DVD and Videogamer nut. I want to play my Xbox on the projector and be able to watch movies too. However, I want to make sure that for the near future, when the new console are released, that I may get some use age out of the X1 prior to buying a better projector (a guy can dream cant he:rolleyes: )

Anyhow, I have a few questions:

1. Are there any 'multiple' switchers (boxes) that will allow me to put Component (YPbPr) connections into a 'box' and from the 'box' to the 15 pin plug on the X1. I have information on the Viewsonic NextVision N6, but it has limited inputs. I would like to be able to play my Xbox, GCN and PS2 along with my DVD player on the projector. Anylinks would be appreciated thanx.
I think a better solution is to use a component switchbox for those connections from component video sources and have the X1 VGA-to-component adapter on the VGA input on the X1.

Quote:

2. Can anyone tell me the main differences between the X1 and the Screenplay 4800? A friend of mine went to CES this year and he stated that Infocus is releasing new models in around April (in Canada) and the 4805 is gonna have a full array of plugs in the back including regular component (YPbPr). This would allow me to have a component switcher which I know there are many out there.

From what I've read, both the 4800 and the X1 are essentialy the same. Here's a comparison .

Quote:

3, Finally, does anyone have any pics of an X1 playing vidoegames and displaying 16x9 images? Including any 16x9 Xbox games? And, how about using the X1 (or 4800) with ambient light.

Sorry, not yet. I'm taking screenshots of the X1 in action, and I may do one big ol' post about my experience.

Quote:

Anyhow, thank you in advance for any information. Hope you don't mind all the newbie questions.

Cheers,;)
You're welcome. As a fairly new X1 owner myself, I'll direct you to the unofficial X1 FAQ is a must-read for X1 info.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast
Here's a component switchbox from audio authority: http://www.audioauthority.com/aacconsumers/1154c.html

Personally, I find the component output of Gamecube and X-box less than compelling on the big screen. You may find that it looks better to go S-Video out of the game console and let the X1's built in Faroudja do all the work. In that case, you'll need a S-video switchbox. Perhaps someone with an X1 can give you better info.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
s-video xbox on my z1 looks like ****, while vga looks pretty nice. For me vga and component stomp all over s-video. For one thing, no prog-scan with s-video.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Davis
s-video xbox on my z1 looks like ****, while vga looks pretty nice. For me vga and component stomp all over s-video. For one thing, no prog-scan with s-video.
No kidding... so would my Z2. But the X1 has Faroudja which will stomp the Sanyo's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.