AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there... this is my first HTPC I'm trying to put together. I bought a radeon VE DDR that i'm trying to connect to my toshiba 65" HDTV.

i bought the audio authority vga-> component (y, pb, pr) converter and am trying to connect it that way.

using s-video out, i can use the computer at 800x600. however, when i try to switch to vga out on the video card and use the vga-> component converter, i get to see the boot process but then the screen turns to garbage and then blank after it tries to get into windows.

i can't seem to find instructions on how to do this anywhere. can someone please point me kindly in the right direction? do i need special drivers or do i need to set the vga converter to something first? what resolution and refresh rate should the computer be set to use?

thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't been in HTPC very long but from my experiance you will need to put the resolution on 640x480 to be able to view anything on your HDTV. The computers resolution of 800x600 isn't HDTV friendly so you would have to set up custom resolutions that are HDTV friendly using a program like Powerstrip 3. If you have any more questions or need a more indepth answer feel free to send me an e-mail. [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.