AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
JVC RS3100 | Benq HT9050 | MADVR | 130in 2.35:1 | 5.2.2
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, hope this is not too dumb of a question. I have been watching movies on my blu ray player and media player and I wanted to get on my computer with my projector. It's a Optoma GT720. So, I used the 1280x800 resolution and it looked much better and sharper. So, will vga to the computer give me a better picture instead of hdmi through the computer?

·
Registered
864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 /forum/post/20802163

Ok, hope this is not too dumb of a question. I have been watching movies on my blu ray player and media player and I wanted to get on my computer with my projector. It's a Optoma GT720. So, I used the 1280x800 resolution and it looked much better and sharper. So, will vga to the computer give me a better picture instead of hdmi through the computer?

What looked better then what, be more clear. Vga is usable but it will at best be as good as HDMI as long as everything else is the same.

·
Registered
JVC RS3100 | Benq HT9050 | MADVR | 130in 2.35:1 | 5.2.2
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcvictim /forum/post/0

What looked better then what, be more clear. Vga is usable but it will at best be as good as HDMI as long as everything else is the same.

Ok, that's what I figured. Maybe its because 1280x800 is a higher resolution than 720p

·
Registered
864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 /forum/post/20802670

Ok, that's what I figured. Maybe its because 1280x800 is a higher resolution than 720p

I still don't know exactly what you mean but the resolution of the PC should be set to the native resolution of the projector, if the projector's native is 1280x800 then use that whether it's HDMI or VGA.

·
Registered
349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 /forum/post/20802670

I would assume that the PC you are using is doing a better job at scaling than your projector can do.

About a better PQ quality with HDMI vs VGA you will just need to test it, I have had mixed results with projectors in the past.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
The only PQ advantage of DVI/HDMI over VGA occurs possibly occurs with the color quality of the digital video source on a digital technology TV since the video does not have to be converted to VGA(analog) and back again. Most users never notice any difference since there is no degradation of the resolution detail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts