AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the situation, I have a 30' run from my X1 to my Xbox. Using my HD pack on the Xbox, is it better to run the distance using a quality VGA cable and the sp-vesa-adpt at the Xbox, or a component cable with the sp-vesa-adpt at the X1?

Either way, only 50' cables are available unless you pay through the nose or build your own.

I read the following 50' cable description on Triangle Cables web site:

50 Foot SVGA DB15HD Male to female Extension high resolution monitor cable with ferrite core to eliminate interference,noise suppression and most importantly Ghosts. You will need an VGA Amplifier for this length as well as 25,50,75 And 100 Foot lengths due to distance.

Is a amp required?

Mark

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is a 35' VGA to 5 BNC breakout at pccables.com. I picked this up with some BNC to RCA adapters. This can serve as a VGA to component breakout and really isn't that expensive there. Its an easy solution to your problem. I posted the URL below.

http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orde...les.com&rcode=

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
What do you do with the 2 extra BNC connectors on the VGA cable to the projector?
Justin_NC, I went to happy1127's link and found a VGA m to f cable and used the sp-vesa-adpt component adapter to connect to my Xbox HD connector. I haven't got a clue what to do with a BNC plug.

Mark

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin_NC
What do you do with the 2 extra BNC connectors on the VGA cable to the projector?
The X1 only needs to be connected to the Red, Green and Blue wires. The other two can be left unconnected.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hooked up the DVD player to the X1 via the 15 pin VGA cable with BNC's to the coponent outputs, but no signal is being diplayed. I set the DVD to progressive and nothing is diplayed.

Is the VGA input on the X1 able to accept 480p as discribed in the manual?

Do i need a software upgrade?

Justin_NC

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ok but which is better (signal quality wise), the long run of SVGA or the component cable. Assuming that both are of good quality.

I don't know of any test results that have compared the two.

·
Registered
351 Posts
In general component cable (3 RG6 with 18AWG center conductor) is better for X1 with long runs assuming both are of good quality. Basically, a SVGA cable is 5 coax cables within one cable and 2 of them are not even used for X1 connection. The SVGA cable's center conductors (~24AWG) and shielding are thinner when compared to RG6 component cables. As such, the thinner wire of the SVGA cable may require an amp. for long runs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.