AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all around for this and am hoping someone can help me out. I recently ordered a cable from Ram Electronics, and without going into the details, they waited too long to tell me they were out of stock and now I am stuck without a VGA to RCA breakout cable for the super bowl. (I will have everything but the cable to watch in HD) I recently purchased a PB6100 with the VGA/HD port and since I can't get a cable ordered in time for the SB, I am going to try and make my own cheapie with ethernet, vga, and rca cables. I have a few rca cable lying around and a vga cable that I can use the end off of and am wondering if anyone can tell me the pinout of the VGA/HD port so I can wire up the Chroma & luminance signals from my component output. If anyone has a link or has done this before, I really want to watch the SuperBowl in HD, and am just hoping I can get it done in time.

Thanks for all your help,

Matt

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,

Thanks for your quick reply. Now, I'm not sure if I understand completely how a Component to VGA cable works, but from what I have been told is that it doesn't use the actual VGA pinout (RGBHV), but instead a Red, Blue, and Luminance signal. So my question is more so what would the pinout be for the VGA end of a component cable (if that makes sense)? Thanks again for all the help.

Matt

·
Registered
657 Posts
How long of a cable do you need.

We can do Saturday UPS delivery.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Technut, I used that pinout and it worked perfect. As for my problems with Ram Electronics, I must say, they really stepped up and got my problem resolved. After I made my new cable last night, I found out today that Ram is sending me a 25' cable and next day saturday delivering it for no extra cost. The cable I made was made with ethernet and some old rca and vga cables, so now I will be able to watch the super bowl with a "real" cable. Thanks again for all the help.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.