AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the help on my previous thread everyone!

I'm using a Barco Graphics 801 projector that has the 5 seperate BNC connectors for RGB Horiz sync and Vert sync. I installed powerstrip on my PC and put it in what I think is supposed to be 720p. (It's 720X480 at 72Hz.) I used a vga cable that I snagged from work that has 5 bnc's on it each labeld R, G, B, H, & V. So I thought I was good to go. I tried using just the RGB & H BNCs and use input 7 on the PJ. The manual for the 800 says that input 7 is RGB with Horiz sync. I got a picture but it was very bad. Internal menus were all wavy and the windows desktop was very black and barely readable. I also tried with the vert sync hooked up and tried inputs 5, 6 and 7 of the projector. Does this sound like maybe my video input is toast or do I just not have something configed? Do I need to somehow tell the projector what resolution I want it to accept the input or does it know given the signal?

·
Registered
295 Posts
The Barco only takes negative sync (correct me if I'm wrong). Did you change the sync from positive to negative in powerstrip?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I believe the 5 BNC input on a BG801 is port 5 and 95 for RGBHV and port 4 and 94 for RGB and combined sync (H+V). The projector should sync up to any resolution you feed it to the limt of its scan range 74KH+ I believe. lei is correct the sync must be negitive on this input. Port 3 - 93, the nine pin input, will accept neg or pos sync but requires a propritery cable with the proper pin out. You can search the archives for the pin out or if you really need it I have it somewhere. I have a 4:3 screen and run my BG801s at 1152 X 864 @ 72 hz for a very nice looking picture.

Don

edit: make sure you have H and V BNC's on the correct input terminals You can switch them to be sure without doing damage to the projector I believe.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I didn't switch to negative sync in powerstrip. Would I switch both horizontal and vertical to negative??

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes, both of them. On my BG800, I have to use combined sync, since the H/V separate was not stable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.