AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VGA Split Cable Degredation?

220 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JP 
#1 ·
I currently am using a monitor and a projector with my HTPC but never at the same time. I mostly use my monitor for maintenance purposes. I do not have a switcher nor could I afford a quality one. Right now I just simply swap the connection in the back of the pc. I'm afraid of wear & tear, plus it's a pain.

If I use a splitter cable, will there be any degradation of the PQ even if I only have one on at a time?

Thanks,

Neuner

#2 ·
Yes there will be a signal degradation unless you go with a very expensive switchbox. I tried it with various boxes and there was no solution that gave me the same quality signal as the cable direct to my setup.

I have a pc driving a projector. I could not tell as easily though when I had my RPTV connected because it was a smaller picture.

#4 ·
I know what you mean about the cost but you can find some really good deals out there. Check ebay for an Extron VGA distribution amp. 1 in 2 out is all you need and I have seen them go as cheap as $45. I have had one for a while now and I don't know what I would do without it.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.