AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a VGA switcher so that i can hook 2 VGA sources up to 1 monitor, more specifically my PC and Xbox 360. every VGA splitter i've seen has 2 or more outputs and 1 input, so you can see the same image on multiple monitors, but i need it the other way around with 2 inputs and 1 output. i haven't seen anything like this so far, and this is the really the only place i could think of to ask this question, since it's the most knowledgeable forum i know of...

the only reason i'm trying this is because the 24" LG monitor that i'm currently trying overscans the 360 too much if i use component or HDMI with the 360, at least an inch on both sides and a half inch on the top and bottom, and i only paid $353 for it new so it's not a big deal if i have to spend a bit more on a VGA cable and switcher to get ride of the overscan. i find something like that a big deal, but that's just me, and i know opinions vary...

i've heard about the X2VGA, but i would rather just try this...

i've heard that i should try to get a 710 build or later, but the only 2 i was able to find was a 704 and 701 build, and i don't know what the difference is between the newer ones anyway...

·
Registered
480 Posts
You could probably use any KVM switch. They are fir hooking multiple computers to a single monitor (K=Keyboard, V-Video, M-Mouse) but I imagine they would work with an Xbox as well. Not sure how low they are priced these days, but I'd imagine $40 ish, maybe less...

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebuken /forum/post/12947226

You could probably use any KVM switch. They are fir hooking multiple computers to a single monitor (K=Keyboard, V-Video, M-Mouse) but I imagine they would work with an Xbox as well. Not sure how low they are priced these days, but I'd imagine $40 ish, maybe less...

+1 what Tre said. I deleted my earlier post since it was wrong answer. VGA KVM are cheap. I bought 4 device VGA KVM switch for ~$50cdn. Too bad the digital (DVI) KVM switched are not cheap at this point.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts