Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Textf>

HDTVs are now beginning to have RGB interface connectors that look like a VGA connector. However, they are not. The question is does anyone make an interface box that would convert from VGA, SVGA, XVGA (available on newer Macs and certainly convertible from older ones) to the RGB interface on the newer HDTV systems? Or, convert to the "Multi-Scan" Component Video interface?

I have checked with Apple Tech Support and they are not aware of the interface specs as well as with Pioneer tech support who also does not know of an interface. Pioneer only stated that the interface is to an HDTV tuner output and conforms to the following specs:

===============================

Input: "Multi-Scan" Component video with

three signals - Y, PB (cB) and Pr (Cr ) (for output from DVD players or similar) -

------------------------------------------------------

Format Horizontal Freq Vertical Freq

480I 15.734kHZ 60hz

1080I 33.75 kHZ 60 hz

480p 31.468 kHZ 60 hz

Input: RGB (D-sub 15 connector - looks like VGA connector) with 5 signals - R, G, B, H and V (output from digital tuners and similar) -

--------------------------------------------------------

Format Horizontal Freq Vertical Freq

1080i 33.75 khz 60 hz

The above interface specs are from Pioneer Tech Support and are specifically addressed to the Pioneer Elite Pro-710 HD High Definition Rear Projection TV.

Anybody know if something exists to interface?

Thanks,
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
842 Posts
DSub 15 is VGA. There is no differance in the signals.

If your HD box has RGB outputs as BNC connectors you need a breakout cable.

If your HD receiver has a Dsub 15 all you need is a VGA cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.