AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VGA cable (25 foot) running from my supply clost to my projector.

For equipment reasons I need the DTC-100 to go into the projector VIA Y,B-Y, R-Y.

I can run 25 foot component cables (I have a drop ceiling), but would going VGA to Y,B-Y, R-Y be my best bet if I can get a VGA to Y,B-Y, R-Y cable adaptor (this cable would be short, thus possible lower costs)?

Any idea which would have a better signal? Will going VGA to Y,B-Y, R-Y allow me to output 720P and 1080i from the DTC-100? I assume it will?

Thanks! Wanted some opinions before ordering cables.

Mase

·
Registered
826 Posts
A simple VGA (RGBHV ) break out cable will not suffice as described. In fact, it will not work.

You need a transcoder. It converts the video from the RGB color space to the Y Pb Pr color space.

IIRC, the DTC-100 has only a VGA port. But you're in luck, because for the best picture from your G11, you really want to be using Computer2 (RGBHV, BNC connectors.) So, all you would need is a simple HD15->BNC(5) VGA breakout cable.

Computer2 on DiLA's offers the best image by virtue of its higher bandwidth capabilities, when compared to Computer1 (VGA HD15) and Component Video (Y Pb Pr) ports.

Also, computer1 does not offer the AR control (4:3->16:9) needed for HDTV.

As for costs, the AA 9A60 transocoder is about $130, whereas the better KDS transcoders cost between $170 and $250.

However, a 25' HD15->5 BNC (VGA->RGBHV) could be had for as little as $30.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andrew,

Thanks for the quick response. Currently I am using computer 2 for my Momitsu v880 going CDVI - VGA -RGBHV.

I looks like I need to run either my Momitsu (which will output 1080i and 720p) through or the DTC-100 thru the component inputs.

Again thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
826 Posts
mase,

you have a PM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.