Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking for a VGA video cable. It will go from my dvd player direct to my projector. I search around in the net and found a lot of times people use VGA cable for their computer. Do you think using computer VGA cable will be good enough? I need it about 6m length

do you have any recomendation on a good VGA cable costing not more than $300 for 6m?

thanks

mt

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I would just use a normal pc monitor cable, I would recommend you get one strieght from a pc manufacture like Dell or Compaq.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Try a WireWorld Starlight III+ VGA cable. I'm using one from my dvd player to my plasma with superb results. If you go over to my web site, the dealer I have listed sells WW products. Tell him I sent you, and he'll take care of you on the price.

Alan Maher
http://community-2.webtv.net/audionutak

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
I'm afraid that the Wireworld cable will be quite out of the $300 price range mentioned!!!!!

I have often read that VGA isn't very good for long runs due to signal loss.

Do you have to go VGA? Does your projector have RGB H/V Sync inputs?

If if does, you could order a cable with VGA one end with RGB H/V Sync the other end, say from www.markertek.com , online, I think within your price range. (I think they have these, you'll need to doublecheck.)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Steve,

My projector is Panasonic AE-100. A lot of people told me that I have to go VGA for this projector. It has s video input and a componet as well, but the best picture quality will come from vga... I still don't know why.

I think I will get a Silver Serpent from Bettercables and I am also condering Alan's recomendation (WireWorld Starlight III+ VGA cable)

I want to get a good cable, as I might be changing my PJ to a Marantz by end of this year .

thanks

mario

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have an AE100 and I use a triple shielded vga cable from pccables.com....it's inexpensive and works great.....I'm using a 25 ft one and at 16.00 it's hard to beat

Greg

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Greg,

Wow! 25 feet for $16 is a bargain...

Do you notice any difference of using the regular VGA compared to the triple shielded VGA?

thanks

Mario

·
Registered
548 Posts
Steve,

I don't know where you shop, but I'm able to offer him 40% to 50% off of list. I receive 50% off of all my purchases on the III+ series.

Alan Maher
http://community-2.webtv.net/audionutak

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Me - shop - I get review pricing direct from Wireworld. You know I luv their silver video cabling!!!! I didn't realize you could get him that good a deal on the Wireworld VGA cabling!!! Though I might add its not a good idea to post those discounts openly on the web because dealers have a habit of complaining big time.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I receive those deals on all WW cabling. I just bought a pair of Eclipse III+ speaker cables...they offer fantastic sound.

Alan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.