Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hv the a Pioneer DVD116/Geforce2MX (Asus,32M) connected to a LP340 thru VGA using P-DVD 3.0 . I have been comparing the quality of the picture for this with a Toshiba DVD-Player(S-video) into the same LP340. I must say that on my setup, the results of the HTPC isn't all that great with a P-DVD 3.0. The next thing to work on is using a W-DVD 2K. Looks better on my CRT mon.

The S-video+LP340 from the player is great. Can pictures from a HTPC setup improve on that(without or without DVI). Does anyone have similar experiences.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
All things considered the internal scaler with a Panasonic RV80 DVD Player is the best solution. I have tried analog VGA and DVI input-the DVI is better than analog but introduced more noise in picture than the internal scaler. The RV80 has many internal settings to control and adjust your picture. They are discontinued but you can still find them. The RV80 produced a subjective 20% improvement over my Toshiba 3109.

·
Registered
698 Posts
RV80... I've read about it's nice Gamma features... Can you tell me more about it?

What settings can you choose?? Color correction? color independent gamma?

What's the RV80's successor?

Thanks for the help.

------------------

Yves Smolders

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.