AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One "little" problem I had when combining a CM3614 VHF and a CM3021 UHF antenna - The 3614 would actually cause some multipath problems on UHF (especially the lower channels). To cure this, I resorted to TWO low-pass filters (CM LP380's) in series and a 6dB attenuator on the VHF cable before the two cables were joined. You can get these from www.smarthome.com or from Radioshack.com (not usually available in the stores). Smarthome is about $10 cheaper for them.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am using a CM 4248 Antenna with my DTC100 to pick up HDTV stations from the WTC in NYC. What I need is a good VHF antenna to match with the CM4248. Anyone suggest a good match? Also, what other items do I need to couple them so that I'll be using only one cable to my receiver.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scooper:

One "little" problem I had when combining a CM3614 VHF and a CM3021 UHF antenna - The 3614 would actually cause some multipath problems on UHF (especially the lower channels).
Yea, this can be a problem, especially if you use a simple 2-into-1 combiner (i.e., a splitter turned around backwards). These won't block any UHF signal from the VHF antenna. It can also be a problem with UHF antennas with VHF pass-through connections - those tuning stubs that are there to help block the UHF on the VHF antenna input only do a so-so job. That's why a frequency-selective combiner like the CM 0549 mentioned above is much better, and in extreme cases you need to add even more isolation such as you've described.

------------------

You have a right to install OTA and dish antennas on property under your control.

See http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Stark also carries UHF/VHF combiner/splitters which are intended for this (I use one as a splitter but it works in reverse).

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.