AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to buy the Panasonic DMREH55S (has a 200gb hard drive)

Also available is the EH75 with an 80 GB hard drive for about the same price but it has a built in VCR.

I want to convert many of my old VHS tapes to DVD . Can I do it easily with the EH55 by plugging my old VCR into the EH55? or is it better to get the EH75 even though I'd be now have a second VCR that I won't need after all the duplicating?

Clearly the EH55 is the better deal if i don't need the built in VCR as it has a much bigger hard drive.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Just plug your VCR into the EH55 & your good to go.

If your VCR is in good working condition I think your better off with the bigger HDD plus if you ever want to Copy Store Bought Video Tapes all you have to do is hook a "Video Filter" (Macrobuster) between your VCR & DVD Recorder but trying to do this using Combo units can be a real pain & in fact I don't think you can hook up a Video Filter to the EH75 Combo unit because I don't think it let's you hook it's own Outputs back into it's own Inputs.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Excellent advice from Bill1313. I'm not familiar with the EH75, but my guess is that the EH55 offers more features, options and flexibility in exchange for the built-in vcr.

In another post, you asked about the best place to buy. Check resellerratings.com for seller evaluations and price comparisons. Price should not be the only factor in your decision.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Another point to consider is that your old tapes may playback better in the vcr that made it, than on another, newer vcr.

Plus, I'd prefer the larger hdd that the 55 has. 80GB is not enough for all the stuff I wind up recording.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.