AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to video capture and has been unable to find this answer.

I captured aprox. 10hours of Hi8 video as AVI files using a ADVC-300 and laptop with Windows Vista using Movie Maker (everything at default settings). I now have a couple other programs that capture video (Powerdirctor and Vegas 10 Pro). I'm wondering if there's any difference in video quality between software programs for just the capture process???

Would it make a difference if I recaptured that 10hrs of video again using a differenct program (like Powerdirector or Vegas).

Thanks

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Not for DV. Assuming WMM didn't convert to WMV.

·
Registered
219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDel /forum/post/19508582

I captured aprox. 10hours of Hi8 video as AVI files using a ADVC-300 and laptop with Windows Vista using Movie Maker (everything at default settings).

Thanks

What extension are your video files? Are they .avi? Also, how big are the files?

If they're about 13 gigabytes per hour and in the .AVI container (DV-AVI codec) and the resolution is 720 x 576 (PAL) or 720 x 480 (NTSC) then you already have them in the best format possible.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they are they're about 13 gigabytes per hour and in the .AVI container (DV-AVI codec) with a resolution of 720 x 480 (NTSC).

Thank You!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts