AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking for a video card for Dell Vostro 200 Slim Tower (Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor E2200 2.20GHz,1MB L2Cache,800FSB).

I'll be using this setup strictly as an HD PVR (no games) to be played through a 46" Samsung 1080p LCD which has HDMI (and component and composite). I would also like to route video to an analog display, but that would be an "extra," not a priority.

The setup has a PCIe x16 slot.

The card must be low profile.

The setup has a 250 watt power supply.

I will be adding a DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express tuner card to the PCIe x1 slot next to the PCIe x16 slot (don't know if there would be a problem fitting a video card side-by-side with the tuner card).

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Howdy-

I'm pretty sure this question is best addressed in the HTPC section, but as as start look for a 4000-series ATI card .

As an example: something like this entry-level 4350 will draw very little power, provides on-board HD video processing, 8-channel audio via HDMI, and includes a single-slot low-profile adapter in the box. ( review )

Cheers!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechunks /forum/post/15455728

Howdy-

I'm pretty sure this question is best addressed in the HTPC section, but as as start look for a 4000-series ATI card .

As an example: something like this entry-level 4350 will draw very little power, provides on-board HD video processing, 8-channel audio via HDMI, and includes a single-slot low-profile adapter in the box. ( review )

Cheers!

Ok blue, will post there, and thanks for the start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts