AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After numerous problems and a visit from an in home computer geek visit the problem may be in my video card. He wiped the hard drive clean and while reinstalling everything it showed a video card bus error.

I was told that this is probably the problem. He restarted the computer again and this time there was no problem. While I was reinstalling all of my software the screen started to get darker and darker. I was trying to update the driver on my Radeon 9500 Pro, but stopped due to this problem.

Does this make sense and should I go ahead and replace the card? It is only a year and a half old, so may look at the warranty info.

· Registered
5,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rgathright
After numerous problems and a visit from an in home computer geek visit the problem may be in my video card. He wiped the hard drive clean and while reinstalling everything it showed a video card bus error.

I was told that this is probably the problem. He restarted the computer again and this time there was no problem. While I was reinstalling all of my software the screen started to get darker and darker. I was trying to update the driver on my Radeon 9500 Pro, but stopped due to this problem.

Does this make sense and should I go ahead and replace the card? It is only a year and a half old, so may look at the warranty info.
Do you have another card you could try?

I believe ATI gives a 5 years warranty, so you should be well covered (if they still make it :D).

_____

Axel

· Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Axel
Do you have another card you could try?

I believe ATI gives a 5 years warranty, so you should be well covered (if they still make it :D).

_____

Axel
No I do not have another card to try.

I bought this computer custom made (over the internet), but will check with the company that built it. If I have to send the entire computer back it is better for me just to buy another video card.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.