AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to use a 1080i HDTV as the only display for a MyHD card (using pass-thru cable).

I understand that I'll need to use Powerstrip to change the video card resolutions a bit.

All I'll be using the video card for will be to setup MyHD and control it - probably no DVD.

I'll be using a Viewsonic GS815 to initially set things up - and I don't want to 'blow' the monitor - and do want to end up with settings that the HDTV can display.

I'm hoping to use an older Matrox video card with no fan - as it won't be used for DVDs, but I'm open to purchasing an ATI if that will result in less problems?

Any guidance for setting up the video card display? Refresh rate, size, etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is my understanding that:

PS is only required if you directly connect your video board's output to your HDTV. It can insure a 60Hz signal.

If the only connection you use is directly from the MyHD board, you HDTV will be fine.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
just peeked in here and wanted to ask a question....

Sorry if I seem to be confused....

are you trying to view your desktop on your HDTV through the MyHD or just using the pc as a STB with no other function.....?

also how do you like your card so far I am looking to buy one soon. any chance I can get you to take a closeup pic of your remote and etc :) cant find any big pics

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When installing PowerStrip - it says 'if the current settings are NOT the adapter defaults, you could cancel this operation and reset the hardward to the adapter defaults, then rerun the program.

I had changed the screen size from 640 x 480 to a larger size before I installed PowerStrip. Are these the defaults it is talking about? How do I ensure that I have the defaults installed (ATI Radeon 7000)?

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
While I do not have this situation, if you are using the loop back cable so you only have 1 cable running to the projector, try using 540 P for your desktop.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With PowerStrip and MyHD, if I am getting a decent display in terms of locking and clarity, but am loosing significant parts of the desktop edges due to overscan - how do I go about adjusting the parameters with PowerStrip to fix this and make the image smaller?

There must be some place to start, some parameter to start playing with - using very small changes until it is right?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lescaudle
With PowerStrip and MyHD, if I am getting a decent display in terms of locking and clarity, but am loosing significant parts of the desktop edges due to overscan - how do I go about adjusting the parameters with PowerStrip to fix this and make the image smaller?

There must be some place to start, some parameter to start playing with - using very small changes until it is right?
http://www.digitalconnection.com/Sup...ffnotes_17.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.