AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently purchased a PC to use a an HTTP/PVR...However, the PC came with an onboard SIS AGP video (64mb)instead of an AGP port...This is prior to reviewing all of the great info and comments on this forum.

I've already installed a Digital DVCR card and I want to attach to my Analog 31inch TV for viewing.

Should I purchase a PCI video card with a TV-OUT or buy a scan converter to connect straight from the VGA port to the TV?....My concern is...would the PCI video card utilize too much resources from the CPU and affect the use of the PVR card...Also PQ is very important to me on this

Please advise what brand/model to purchase...

Thanks,

Geocollazo

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am also interest in this question.

I hear that Scan Converter gives better PQ over any Video Card's S-video TV-out. But since I have an Non-HD TV with component YCrCb inputs, so I wonder if ATI Dongle at 480i would be better in this case? Or Scan Converter is still the best PQ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Ugh, I never had very good luck with scan converters in the past. Maybe they are better now (its been a few years since last I tried them), but at the time I was using TVTool which combined with a compatible card blew away the scan converter.

Check it out http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

Of course you are talking PCI, so that may throw a wrench in the issue.

-pd

·
Registered
229 Posts
From searching on this forum, I came across member discussing that Scan Converter will give better PQ then any Video Card's S-Video out. However, since I am planning on using ATI Dongle to output 480I into my Non-HD TV sets I wonder if this would be a better choice over Scan Converter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.