AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen diagrams on how to connect your HDTV tuner card to your HDTV set and it looks like you can go straight from the card to the HDTV set. What part does the PC Video card play?

I'm putting together an HTPC system and want to know how important the PC Video card is? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Which HDTV card?

With MyHD card, the computer video card is used for all NON-HD functions. That is, MyHD will output the 1080i and other HD resolutions to full screen only. The computer's video card does the rest. You cannot see the windows desktop in full screen (HD) mode of the MyHD card.

So, if you plan on doing nothing more than watching/recording HD-OTA tv, any video card will do. I am using a Nvidia mx2 card with 32 mb of ram and it works just fine for setup and file maintenance. With power strip and powerdvd; dvd playback is not too shabby either, with this humble card.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you set it up with a pass-thru on the HDTV Card? I have both a VGA port and DTV RGBHV input connections on my set. Should I do pass-thru or separate connections for the pc card??

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Connect the High Definition signal from the HD card to the RGBVH. Try connecting the PC video card to the vga port. If that does not work, then use the pass through.

What HD card do you have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.