AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have an LG bd390 and a panasonic 50g10. I am thinking about buying an eye-one lt meter and calibrating them. Ive been reading about whats involved and i have a hiccup about what to calibrate first. The LG needs to send an accurate signal to the tv to adjust the tv properly, but if you adjust this first than adjust the tv wont it change the way the LG's output is displayed.

I also have a laptop and desktop display that i would like to calibrate, but do i still need to use the test images that need to be burned to a dvd or are their images available for just opening up on my computers.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
10,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuvatar81 /forum/post/18166256

Ok so i have an LG bd390 and a panasonic 50g10. I am thinking about buying an eye-one lt meter and calibrating them. Ive been reading about whats involved and i have a hiccup about what to calibrate first....

I also have a laptop and desktop display that i would like to calibrate...

Check the thread for you player to see if it distorts the image with default settings and if so if it's reparable. If you can make it right then you can use it otherwise you have to buy/borrow an accurate image source.

It's unlikely you can calibrate your PC without using PC calibration tools and a compatible video card. Such tools often come with the meter -- in the case of the i1 you need the i1d2 package rather than the i1lt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. The BD390 player thread suggests to change contrasts and brightness on custom mode to keep from clipping whites, ill take that to mean it is accurate aside from that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts